Data is an essential component of every business and keeping them safe is even more important. One of the strategies of keeping your data safe is backing them up. Microsoft Azure offers a solution named Azure Backup – a scalable solution with zero capital investment and minimal operational expense. With Azure Backup, you can safeguard your data in any environment – physical, hybrid or cloud.
Azure Backup helps you to protect your critical applications including SharePoint, Exchange, SQL, files and folders, Windows Servers, Windows Clients, and Azure IaaS VMs, no matter they are on servers, clients or in the cloud so as to avoid costly business interruptions or to meet compliance requirements. Conventionally, tapes and disks were used as a backup alternative but as business grows, its data grows exponentially. Azure Backup is a compelling alternative to tapes and disks, is cost effective, takes minimal recovery times and upto 99 years of data retention.
Azure Backup uses a pay-as-you-use model in which you pay only for the storage that you consume. With Azure Backup, you have options to store your data as a Locally Redundant or Geo-replication, depending upon your needs and budget. It allows data encryption too, with a unique encryption key only for you, to ensure that your data is transmitted and stored securely in the cloud. Plus, you can recover just what you need with the minimum time loss, allowing you to quickly recover to the original state.
Automated. Reliable. Secure. Encrypted.
- Retain: Retain your Data in Azure for up to 99 years
- Schedule: You can specify daily, weekly, monthly and yearly policies of back up
- Throttle: Network throttling can be configured so that optimal bandwidth usage happens during off-peak time
- Compress: Data is compressed on the client side so there is less bandwidth consumption and less storage consumed
- Secure: Data is encrypted in your datacentre and stored encrypted in Azure – the encryption key is stored and managed locally
- Incremental: After the initial seeding, backups are incremental, ensuring that resources such as storage and bandwidth are efficiently used
- Reliable: 3 copies of the data are stored to a single datacentre location and optionally at an additional, remote datacentre
- Report and Monitor: Centralized monitoring and reporting across on premises and Azure
- Protection Anywhere: protects workloads running in Azure, in VMs, or on physical servers
Now you know that, Microsoft Azure is an innately flexible cloud that can back up your data in any language, on any OS, and from any location.
If you need help, please feel free to reach us.