- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
Qualifications for Data Scientist
We are looking for a candidate with 4+ years of experience in a Data Scientist role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience using business intelligence tools Power BI and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop).
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: Python, SQL, etc.; familiarity with Scala, Java, or C++ is plus.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Tree text mining, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst along with experience in data mining.
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Analytical mind and business acumen.
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra).
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Tech (CS/IT), M. Tech (CS/IT), MSc. (CS/IT) from any recognized university.